Total revenue for all 100 companies on this year’s list:
• 2018 revenue: $7,408,879,660
• 2017 revenue: $5,303,269,245
• 2016 revenue: $39,562,896
Average three-year percentage growth for all 100 companies:
• 2019 list: 447.92%
• 2018 list: 345.1%
• Year-over-year percentage increase: 29.8%
Average three-year percentage growth by the top five companies:
• 2019 list: 6,662.03%
• 2018 list: 4,468.1%
• Year-over-year percentage increase: 49.1%
Company with largest revenue for 2018
Westlake Financial Services: $1.5 billion. Westlake Financial also posted the largest revenue in 2017 with $1.1 billion.
Back to back
ServiceTitan Inc. is No. 9 on this year’s list with 342% growth. Out of the 50 companies that appeared on both the 2018 and 2019 lists, the home services software business is the highest ranking. In 2018, it was No. 8 with 436% growth.
Caulipower is the first company to attain the No. 1 ranking following a year with negative revenue. The health food brand posted revenue of -$300,000 in 2016 before surging to $45.3 million in revenue in 2018 — good for three-year revenue growth of 18,020%.
Caulipower has the second-highest, three-year revenue growth in the history of the Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies list at 18,020%. The highest was Fuhu Inc., the No. 1 company on the 2013 list, which posted a three-year revenue growth of 96,606%.
First-time companies on the list this year: 50
Companies with two consecutive appearances on the list: 50
Halo Top Creamery was the No. 1 company in 2018, based on 2017 revenue. The ice cream-maker was on track for another strong showing for the 2019 list, until it was acquired by Iowa-based Wells Enterprises Inc., the owner of Blue Bunny, in September.
Where companies on this year’s list are headquartered:
• Los Angeles: 21
• Pasadena: 11
• Santa Monica: 7
• Culver City, El Segundo, Woodland Hills: 5 companies each
• Glendale, Valencia: 4 companies each
• Encino, Torrance: 3 companies each
• Agoura Hills, Beverly Hills, Carson, Long Beach, Santa Clarita, Sherman Oaks: 2 companies each
• Arcadia, Burbank, Calabasas, Cerritos, Chatsworth, City of Industry, Commerce, Hermosa Beach, La Canada, La Crescenta, Monrovia, North Hollywood, Rosemead, Signal Hill, Sun Valley, Sunland, Van Nuys, Venice, Vernon, West Hollywood: 1 company each
Read more about the 2019 Fastest Growing Private Companies:
Center Stage: Luxury staging company Vesta Home keeps things fresh
Driving Force: Integrity Cargo Solutions connects shippers, truckers
Dog-matic: Pet snack-maker Pawstruck wins with healthy alternatives
Expansion Team: Outsourcing firm TaskUs grows by helping other companies scale
The complete list of 2019’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in L.A. County