Farmers Insurance has a longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion, which serves as the foundation of its culture and helps guide the organization in its mission to make a difference in the communities where Farmers employees and agents live and work.
Recent events in the country have reinforced the important responsibility large enterprises like Farmers must assume in helping to formulate solutions to systemic problems through workplace and corporate citizenship initiatives. Farmers, in particular, strives to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace – to create and model a safe space for employees of all cultures, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to bring their whole selves to work.
Farmers offers a robust network of Employee Resource Groups to help support employees in bringing their whole selves to work. There are nine active Farmers Employee Resource Groups across the country that are employee-led and open to all employees: Black Professionals Alliance; Disability Inclusion Group; Farmers Asian Alliance; Farmers Future; LGBT & Allies; Parent Connect; Somos Farmers; Veterans & Advocates; and, Women’s Inclusion Network.
Farmers also provides a variety of training programs designed to help employees and leaders identify strategies and practices for building a more inclusive workplace environment. Participants are equipped with tools and resources to embrace their own uniqueness and identify ways to help others feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. To date, more than 19,000 employees have completed the coursework, helping Farmers advance its individual and collective commitment to increase diversity, inclusion, belonging and collaboration.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Executive of the Year
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Medium)
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: FINALISTS
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Small)
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Team of the Year
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Large)
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: CEO of the Year
- Building a Culture that Embraces Diversity, Equity and Inclusion