Tammy Tsoumas is a highly regarded lawyer with a particular emphasis in antitrust and competition as well as toxic tort litigation matters. Tsoumas has served as counsel to a number of high-profile clients in antitrust, toxic tort, and other commercial litigation matters, including Boeing, Guardian Industries, Avis Budget Group, DIRECTV, and Starwood Capital Group.
Among her recent representative matters is her work representing EVA Airways in a long-running MDL putative class action in which plaintiffs allege that airlines conspired to fix prices and fuel surcharges on transpacific flights from 2000 to the present. On behalf of the joint defense, Tsoumas argued an appeal regarding the filed rate doctrine at the Ninth Circuit in January 2017. A divided panel issued an opinion. The remaining defendants filed a cert petition in October 2017 and an amicus brief was filed in support of the petition. In February 2018, EVA and the plaintiffs reached a settlement as to the claims against EVA. The settlement is subject to final court approval.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: THOMAS V. GIRARDI
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENTERTAINMENT ATTORNEYS
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: KIM BUFFINGTON
- LA 500: Tom Girardi
- Tom Girardi
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MILDRED SEGURA
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: FINALISTS - DEANNE MILLER - Morgan, Lewis & Bockius