Edmunds: Car shopping website Edmunds.com of Santa Monica launched an Apple TV app. The Edmunds TV app will stream automotive content, including car reviews, consumer advice and road tests.
Pod Inc.: Manhattan Beach’s Pod has launched a private and secure communications platform. The POD website lets users chat in real-time, share a broad range of content and delete the communication trail at any time with an “Abort” feature.
Snapchat: Venice’s Snapchat has added "Speed Modifiers" features to its app. The features lets Snapchat users run their videos in slow motion, fast-forward or rewind.
Edtwist: Santa Monica’s Edtwist has launched to the public. The educational platform is designed to give students, schools, libraries and NGOs a social platform to share research notes.
Vrse: In collaboration with Apple Inc. and the band U2, Vrse has made a virtual-reality music video named “Song for Someone.” The music video can be viewed with the Vrse app, Google Cardboard or a virtual reality headset.
Changebowl: Venice charity app Changebowl has launched. The app tracks bank and credit-card purchases and rounds the price to the nearest dollar. Users can then donate the difference to the charity of their choice.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 13: Virtual Reality Developer Survios Raises $50 Million
- Will Silicon Valley Augment Snap’s Reality?
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Sept. 11
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 22: CNN Cancels Snapchat Show Due to Unclear Path to Profit
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Oct. 9
- Silicon Beach Report July 7: Snapchat Hit with Indecency Class Action
- Ad Tech Firm Looks to Browser to Click Again
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Aug. 21