Pico Rivera-based BakeMark USA, a manufacturer and distributor of bakery ingredients, products and supplies, announced the return of Jim Parker as the company’s president and chief executive on Oct. 23.
Parker, who also serves as chairman of BakeMark, was president and CEO of the company from 2011 through 2018.
He replaces Gary Schmidt, who became president and chief executive after Parker moved into the company’s chairman role in July of 2018. Schmidt’s resignation is effective immediately.
BakeMark has 25 branches across North America. It distributes some of the industry’s top brands, such as Westco, Multifoods and BakeSense.
The company said Schmidt has decided to pursue other opportunities. In a statement, BakeMark thanked Schmidt for his “hard work and contribution.”
In 2017, BakeMark was sold by CSM Bakery Solutions to Pamplona Capital Management, a specialist investment manager, for an undisclosed amount.
When the sale was announced, Pamplona partner William Pruellage said in a statement, “We believe BakeMark is well positioned to succeed as a stand-alone entity and capitalize on new growth opportunities.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Pico Rivera Baking Company BakeMark USA Sold
- Bakery Market Rises With Deal
- L.A. Labor Problems Over, Gigante Plans Major Foray
- MID-CITIES: Industrial Vacancies Fall Despite Signs Ports Are Slowing
- Drop in Inventory, Lack of Land Lead to Less Industrial Activity
- MedMen Enterprises Names Interim CFO
- Furniture Firm to Make Rooms With Brand Deals
- Industry Gives Way to Retail At Heart of City's Economy