Chief Executive and Director, Macerich Co.
THE LATEST: In January, a joint venture formed by Macerich and Hudson Pacific Properties announced that Google had leased the former Westside Pavilion shopping center, which Macerich and Hudson Pacific are redeveloping. The future One Westside will offer a 500,000-square-foot creative office campus for the tech giant in the heart of West L.A. Macerich last year formed another joint venture, with mall operator Simon Property Group Inc., to create the Los Angeles Premium Outlets in Carson. The nearly 600,000-squarefoot development is slated to open in 2021.
BACKGROUND: O'Hern took over the top spot at Macerich on Jan. 1, succeeding longtime Chief Executive Arthur Coppola, who retired after 42 years with the real estate company. O'Hern has more than two decades experience in retail real estate at Macerich. He's served as the company's senior executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. Macerich, an S&P 500 real estate investment trust, owns 53 million square feet of real estate including interests in 48 regional shopping centers across the country. In Southern California, Macerich holdings include Santa Monica Place and The Oaks in Thousand Oaks.
WORTH NOTING: O'Hern is on the board of leaders at USC Marshall School of Business.
YEARS ON THE LA500: 1
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ARTHUR COPPOLA
- Arthur M. Coppola
- Net Income Down, Mall Tenant Sales Up, According to Macerich Q4 Earnings Report
- VICTOR COLEMAN
- Google Leasing Westside Pavilion
- Hudson Pacific Properties, Macerich to Redevelop Westside Pavilion
- Macerich Sells Phoenix Mall for $100 Million
- Who's Building L.A. (June 4): Hudson Pacific Properties and Macerich Form Joint Venture to Redevelop Westside Pavilion as Creative Office in West Los Angeles