Founding Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
THE LATEST: Under Quinn’s leadership, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan has grown to 23 offices on four continents, with more than 800 lawyers generating more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue. For the last several years, the firm has been ranked by The American Lawyer as the second most profitable law firm in the world and it has achieved this growth without a merger. The firm has, in recent years, recovered more than $50 billion for clients in plaintiffs’ cases.
BACKGROUND: Quinn enjoys a unique dual status in the legal profession. Widely regarded as one of the top trial lawyers in the world, he is equally well-known as the founder of his prominent and growing law firm.
WORTH NOTING: Since 1987, Quinn has also been general counsel of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the organization that presents the Academy Awards. He is an avid hiker and co-owner of Q, an omakase sushi restaurant downtown.
YEAR ON THE LA500: 3
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: JOHN B. QUINN
- Quinn Emanuel Sues Billionaire Xerox Shareholder Over Unpaid Legal Bill
- Aggressive Quinn Law Firm Joins Elite $1 Million Club
- L.A. Firm Breaks $3 Million Mark
- Quinn Emanuel Makes a Major Leap Up the Revenue Ladder
- Quinn Emanuel Hits The $2 Million Mark
- Litigation Firm Cools on Hiring Summer Interns
- Prominent Entertainment Litigator Jumps to Quinn Emanuel