Chief Executive, Virgin Hyperloop One
THE LATEST: Walder was named chief executive of transportation technology company Virgin Hyperloop One in November after leading bike-share company Motivate, which was acquired by Lyft Inc. Under Walder, the company is testing its prototype in Nevada and exploring opportunities in markets including India and Australia.
BACKGROUND: At Motivate, Walder helped revive Citi Bike in New York City. He has led several transportation organizations, including New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority Inc., Hong Kong’s MTR Corp. and Transport for London. He also worked as a partner at management consulting firm McKinsey & Co. Inc., leading the global infrastructure practice. He has taught at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University where he received a master’s degree in public policy.
WORTH NOTING: Walder is an adviser to Lyft.
YEARS ON THE LA500: 1
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Virgin Hyperloop One Elects Former N.Y. Transit Chief as New CEO
- Hyperloop One Taps Transit Vet
- Hyperloop Hub: Virgin Hyperloop Headlines Futuristic Transportation Tech’s L.A. Ties
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 8: Cornerstone Acquires Grovo Learning for $24M
- TRAVIS VANDERZANDEN
- GEORGE WHITESIDES
- ELON MUSK
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 19: Virgin’s Proposed Commute in a Vacuum