Chairman, Munger Tolles & Olson
THE LATEST: Recently named chairman of one of the nation’s premier law firms, Brian represented MGM Resorts International in litigation arising from the October 2017 mass shooting at the Route 91 music festival in Las Vegas. He also is representing PG&E Corp. in investigations arising from 2017 and 2018 wildfires.
BACKGROUND: Brian successfully defended Transocean Ltd. at a trial arising from the largest oil spill in history. He has also won high-profile trials for Fortress Investment Group; DoubleLine Capital and Jeffrey Gundlach; Northrop Grumman Corp.; and Tom Spiegel, CEO of Columbia Savings & Loan Association.
WORTH NOTING: Brian is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
YEAR ON THE LA500: 1
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- BRAD D. BRIAN
- CHARLIE MUNGER
- LA 500: Brad D. Brian
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: E. Martin Estrada
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Tamerlin J. Godley
- STEVEN OLSON
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Hailyn J. Chen