President & Chief Investment Officer
Westmount Asset Management, LLC
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT: $1,516,256, 296
Jim Berliner co-founded Westmount Asset Management in 1990 and since then has served as the firm’s President and Chief Investment Officer. Under his leadership, Westmount has become one of the largest independent wealth management firms in Southern California (currently managing more than $3 billion), and in particular has distinguished itself from most of its peers on the investment side.
Berliner left his previous profession as an attorney to zealously represent his clients’ interests in another arena — that of the financial markets. He was drawn to what was then a nascent model of delivering investment advice, that of the independent advisor serving as a true fiduciary — without a conflict of interest. Westmount was one of the earliest firms in the country to pursue the fee-only independent advisor model (involving no commissions or proprietary products), using outside managers to bring to clients innovative investment strategies based strictly on their merits.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: JAMES BERLINER
- Blooming Wealth
- Most Influential Wealth Managers: Matthew Ayers
- EP Wealth Advisors Names Goshtigian Chief Executive
- Special Report Banking & Finance: More Money Men
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: BRIAN PARKER
- The Money Book: Todd Morgan
- He Wasn’t Ready to Sell, Until ...