Morgan Chu of Irell & Manella has secured a string of the world’s largest – and in some cases precedent-setting – verdicts, judgments and settlements, resulting in actual payments totaling more than $5 billion. He has been described by clients in Chambers as “beyond doubt the most gifted trial lawyer in the USA” who “delivers staggering results for clients.”
Chu’s recent wins include securing a $506-million judgment against Apple Inc. in July 2017 for infringing a computer microarchitecture patent owned by the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF), an affiliate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The infringing products included Apple’s A7, A8 and A8X processors that have powered its iPhones and iPads since 2013. The judgment included $234 million a jury awarded to WARF following a two-week trial in October 2015, which the court more than doubled post-trial by awarding ongoing royalties, supplemental damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, and costs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MORGAN CHU
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MORGAN CHU
- LA 500: Morgan Chu
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MARC A. FENSTER
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Marc Fenster
- Judging the Lawyers- Intellectual Property