Home security company Ring is moving its headquarters from Santa Monica to Hawthorne early next year, becoming the latest technology business to set up shop in the city that once was an aerospace hub.
The company, which Amazon.com Inc. recently purchased for $1 billion, will occupy a 62,000-square-foot warehouse at 12515 Cerise Ave. The property is currently under development.
Ring has signed a 10-year lease with renewables, according to Rebecca Liu Morales, a company representative. It will employ 250 workers, including designers, engineers, corporate heads and sales team, at the Hawthorne location.
The property is being developed by Vella Group, a real estate investment firm whose Los Angeles office is located in Beverly Grove. It was purchased in March as part of a two-property portfolio by VE Equities, a New York-based limited liability company. The entire portfolio sold for $13 million, according to CoStar Group Inc.
Ring’s technology allows its customers to stream live high-definition video and two-way audio from their doorbells to smartphones, tablets and computers.
The company’s current address is 1523 26th St. in Santa Monica, having close access to the 10 freeway as well as the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Expo Line’s 26th St/Bergamot Station.
Hawthorne also is home to Space Exploration Technologies Corp., and a design center for Tesla Inc. It also is the corporate home for Urth Caffe.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hawthorne Apartment Complex Sells for $18.5M
- Santa Monica R&D Building Sells to Kite Pharma for $135 Million
- Marina del Rey Warehouse Sold for $22.3 Million
- Affordable Homes Elude Even High Earners
- Loews Santa Monica Part of Luxury Hotel Portfolio Reportedly for Sale
- Artisan Realty Buys Hollywood Retail Property for $61M
- ZipRecruiter Moves to New 45,000 SF Space in Santa Monica
- Adobe Opens First L.A. Area Office in Santa Monica