Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
Years Practicing: 27
Years with Current Firm: 12
Yakub Hazzard is a partner in Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp’s Entertainment and IP Litigation practice group. Hazzard specializes in litigating high-profile matters involving intellectual property, right of publicity, privacy, breach of contract, profit participation, commercial disputes, and other media & entertainment-related conflicts across a wide range of industries.
Hazzard began his career at MSK in the 1990s, developing his entertainment litigation practice as the firm was representing the Recording Industry Association of America in the Napster dispute. Over his career, he has represented an array of entertainment industry clients, from Berry Gordy and the Ray Charles Foundation to Incubus and Weezer, in litigation spanning copyright, trademark, right of publicity and contracts. His clients have also included foreign distributors, leading video game companies, songwriters, musicians, actors, business and personal managers, independent record and music publishing companies, apparel companies, entertainment guilds, and beverage manufacturers. Hazzard has been involved in several profit participation and intellectual property cases for the firm.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: LUCIA COYOCA
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KARIN PAGNANELLI
- Bankruptcy Boom Puts Firm in Acquisitive Mood
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MARC E. MAYER
- Philadelphia Firm Blooms in Southern California
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTERNATIONAL ATTORNEYS
- Letter Keller