Falcon Heavy launch completes successful test launch; Snap Inc.’s share price soars after revenue beats expectations; and Brentwood Associates invests in credentials solutions.
A SpaceX Falcon Heavy successfully launched on its inaugural flight on Feb. 6, placing a demonstration payload into orbit and boosting the company’s interplanetary ambitions, SpaceNews reports. One potential market SpaceX may be targeting for Falcon Heavy is the launch of large national security payloads.
Snap Inc.’s share price soared more than 26 percent to as high as $17.80 a share in after-hours trading Tues., Feb. 6 after the Snapchat developer posted revenue for the quarter ended Dec. 31 that beat stock analysts’ expectations, The Business Journal reports. The Venice-based company, which released its fourth-quarter earnings report after the market closed, said quarterly revenue of $285.7 million rose more than 72 percent above revenue for the prior, year-ago period.
Middle-market private equity firm Brentwood Associates in Sawtelle announced on Feb. 6 an investment in Credentials Solutions, a technology company that provides business services to the higher education sector, the Business Journal reports. The amount invested was not disclosed. Credentials, based in Northfield, Ill., offers software including TranscriptsPlus, eduCheck, RoboRegistrar, TranscriptsNetwork, eRoboMail, ParkingPlus and MuniPlus to simplify administrative processes for colleges and universities.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Feb 22: Kylie Jenner’s Tweet Cuts $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 8: Online Sneaker Sellers GOAT and Flight Club Merge
- SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 3: 5 Challenges for Snap Inc. in Its First Year as a Publicly Traded Company
- Silicon Beach Report: Meg Whitman Tapped as Chief Executive of Katzenberg’s WndrCo
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Snap’s Unusual Structure Led to Breakthroughs, But Also Problems
- Snap Inc.’s Share Price Soars After Revenue Beats Expectations