Middle-market private equity firm Brentwood Associates in Sawtelle announced on Feb. 6 an investment in Credentials Solutions, a technology company that provides business services to the higher education sector. The amount invested was not disclosed.
Credentials, based in Northfield, Ill., offers software including TranscriptsPlus, eduCheck, RoboRegistrar, TranscriptsNetwork, eRoboMail, ParkingPlus and MuniPlus to simplify administrative processes for colleges and universities. Credentials has 800 customers and processes more than five million transcripts per year, according to Brentwood.
Brentwood is the first institutional investor to partner with Credentials, according to Craig Milus, managing director of Brentwood Associates.
“As Credentials’ customers continue to move towards online forms, consolidated information and automated workflows, we look forward to supporting the company’s growth in areas such as product development and new solution offerings as well as with complementary add-on acquisitions,” Milus said.
As part of the deal, Credentials Solutions Chief Executive Tom McKechney and Chief Operating Officer Jeff Geldermann will stay on while Steve Moore and Craig Milius of Brentwood Associates will join Credentials’s board.
Credentials was advised by Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc. and its legal counsel was Kirkland & Ellis. Brentwood was represented by Andrews Kurth Kenyon.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 6: Falcon Heavy Launch Completes Successful Test Launch
- Brentwood Associates Acquires MD Now Urgent Care
- Brentwood Associates Sells Portfolio Company to Nazarian Firm
- Small Private-Equity Firm Begins to Think Big Again
- L.A. Finance Up In Various Segments
- PE Roundup: Private Equity Deals Announced This Week
- Firm Ends Up With Four Closings in Busy Market
- Brentwood Associates Sells Two Portfolio Companies