Los Angeles County’s largest-ever home sale has occurred in Malibu, where Hard Rock Café co-founder Peter Morton sold his beachfront house for $110 million, or $13,750 per square foot.
Natural gas billionaire Michael S. Smith and his wife, Iris, were the buyers on the deal, which closed April 24.
The off-market deal broke by $10 million the county’s previous home sale record, which was of the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills in 2016.
The 8,000-square-foot property features five bedrooms, nine bathrooms and a two-bedroom guest house.
Hilton & Hyland agent Branden Williams and his wife, Rayni, were the brokers on the deal. Jonathan Bloch of the law firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck served as the buyers’ legal counsel in the sale.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8337.
You May Also Like
- 4. David Geffen
- Toymaker Isaac Larian Buys Malibu Mansion for $24 Million
- Energy Drink Magnate Swallows Steep Price Cut
- Taft Building in Hollywood Sold for $70 Million
- Real Estate Mogul Offers Package Deal in Malibu
- Music Producer’s Digs Can’t Be Had for a Song
- Wedbush Center in Downtown Sells for $196M
- Factor Buys Into Malibu Colony for $15.3 Million