Tuition.io raises $7 million, Snapchat’s new partners attach instant apps and games to ads, and Snap Spectacles hardware lab cuts jobs, as well as changes leadership.
Student loan management program Tuition.io of Santa Monica announced Thursday it raised a $7 million Series B round, reports the Business Journal. Tuition.io’s online platform gives companies a management program to help pay off their employees’ student loan debt.
Snap Inc. announced 14 new ad creative partners that will help build custom games, interactive videos, gyroscope-powered experiences, lead generation campaigns, and pre-loaded Instant Apps as destinations for Snapchat ads, reports TechCrunch. They’ll also help connect advertisers to influencers, despite Snapchat historically distancing itself from social stars.
Snap Inc.’s lab for making hardware, including its Spectacles video-camera glasses, cut about a jobs Thursday morning after changing leadership earlier this month, reports Bloomberg. About a dozen people lost their jobs, according to a person familiar with the matter, primarily in marketing roles related to the lab.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 18: Rubicon Project Buys nToggle for $38.5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 9: Global Crossing Founder Winnick Takes Majority Stake in Streaming Service Qello
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report June 28: Mobile Game Developer Wonder Raises $14 Million
- Snap Aims for Street Smarts
- Silicon Beach Report July 21: Cinq Music Raises $20 Million Series B
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 16: Tinder Acquires Snapchat-Like App Wheel