Downtown L.A. restaurant and coffee roaster Urth Caffé is moving its central kitchen and headquarters to Hawthorne, the company announced Tuesday.
The company, which has six Southern California locations and a seventh planned to open this year in Orange, said it will break ground next month in Hawthorne and expects to open the new site next year.
The location also will include a café and an organic garden on 1 ½ acres.
Jilla and Shallom Berkman started Urth Caffé in 1989, according to the company’s website.
Caroline Anderson is a staff reporter covering restaurants, retail and hospitality. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LAX Adds Local Food to Menu
- SpaceX Boxed in By Land Crunch
- Bibibop Asian Grill Moving into Los Angeles ShopHouse Locations
- Nestle Considering Sale of U.S. Candy Business
- Wonderful Co. Acquires Pomegranate Grower and Distributor Ruby Fresh
- California Pizza Kitchen Names New CEO
- Model Car Maker Says It Won't Be Toyed With
- Roy Choi’s Locol Chain to Launch Affordable Premium Coffee Shops