Executive Chairman, PodcastOne
Norm Pattiz is founder and executive chairman of PodcastOne. He is also the founder of Westwood One, which under his leadership became America’s largest provider of news, sports, entertainment, talk, and traffic programming to the broadcast industry. He launched PodcastOne at the end of 2012. In 2009, Pattiz was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame. He serves as chairman of the Lawrence Livermore and Los Alamos National Security Laboratories, and is a regent of the University of California.
Enjoy most: I enjoy being on the cutting edge.
Toughest challenge: Old, corporate mentalities and slowing digital progress.
Proudest moment: Watching the birth of my wife’s McLaren.
Most excited: The uncertainty of it all.
Best advice: Be open to new ideas and realize that, to today’s young consumers, they’re not new ideas.
Beverage: Iced tea.
Bucket list: Still Machu Picchu
Hobby/passion: Keeping fit, UC Regents, National Securities Labs, and building new businesses.
Favorite destination: Still the South of France.
You May Also Like
- Norm Pattiz
- Broadcasters Set to Tackle Rams’ Regular Season
- Lakers Give Mohr All-Access Pass for Podcast
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: AMC Invests $20 Million in Dreamscape Immersive
- Hubbard Radio Takes 30 Percent Stake in Podcast Network
- Speaking Up
- Mag Editor Turns Page With Show-Biz Podcast
- Radio Turns Ear to On Demand