Hilda L. Solis
Supervisor, First District, Los Angeles County
Hilda L. Solis was sworn in as supervisor for the First District of Los Angeles County on Dec. 1, 2014. Prior to that, she served as U.S. secretary of labor and was the first Latina to serve in a presidential cabinet. Before that, Solis represented the 32nd Congressional District in California, a position she held from 2001 to 2009. In Congress, Solis’ priorities included expanding access to affordable health care, protecting the environment, and improving the lives of working families.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Labor Secretary Solis Returning to California
- County Minimum Wage Expected to Pass
- L.A. County to Notify Doctors of Patient Opioid Deaths
- Obama Picks Solis as Labor Secretary
- BizFed Endorses Shriver for County Supervisor
- L.A. Congresswoman Tapped for Labor Secretary
- Nonunion Contractors Still Don’t Work for L.A.
- Biomed Project Gets New Life