Partner, Englander Knabe & Allen
Harvey Englander is founding partner of Englander Knabe & Allen, the largest public affairs and lobbying firm in Southern California. Englander’s expertise includes creating and running political campaigns, developing public affairs campaigns, and creating crisis communications programs for companies and nonprofit organizations nationwide. He formed his first company, Englander Group, in December 1980. After a series of mergers and acquisitions, he subsequently sold his company in 1999 to one of the nation’s top 15 public relations firms. Englander is on the board of the American Diabetes Association Los Angeles Chapter and serves on the board of the West Coast Sports Medicine Foundation.
Enjoy most: The challenge of successfully developing and implementing strategies that solve our client’s issues.
Toughest challenge: Losing my father when I was 11 and my sister and brother when they were both 50.
Most excited: The possibility of Trump resigning.
Best advice: You will learn more from your failures than you will from your successes.
Beverage: Coffee and Diet Coke.
Car you drive: Aston Martin DB9 and Tesla 90D.
Alma maters: AA, Los Angeles City College; BA, UCLA.
Bucket list: Playing Augusta National Golf Club.
Favorite destination: Paris.
You May Also Like
- Firm on Second-Name Basis With L.A. Lawmakers
- Advocates Prove Persuasive in L.A.
- Englander PR Firm Acquires Former Port Official Alex Cherin's firm
- Four Online Firms Consolidate to Leverage Services
- Lobbyists, PR Shops Up, Ad Agencies Dip
- West L.A. Firm Teams Up to Extend Global Reach
- Agency Looks to Score Monster Hit With Toy Line
- News of the Week