Founded in 1933, when it was almost impossible for a diverse attorney to thrive at one of Boston’s larger law offices, Mintz was established by two young Jewish attorneys who knew how it felt to be excluded. The firm’s commitment to diversity is a natural outgrowth of their struggle to carve out a more inclusive professional path – a history that helps explain our dedication to celebrating the differences that create a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere in which to practice law. Since then Mintz has taken pride in driving diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and at our firm. Mintz consistently exceeds National Association for Law Placement (NALP) peer averages on partner-level diversity across metrics – by persons of color, gender, and LGBTQ status.
Led by the firm’s Diversity Committee, Mintz is setting goals to achieve new levels of diversity. By June 2022, the firm has committed to increasing the number of Black attorneys at the firm by 50%. Mintz’s commitment to inclusion is driven by its diversity mission to fully understand and value diversity in its employees, clients and other constituencies, and to integrate this appreciation into the firm’s values, vision, mission, business, operations, culture, policies and practices.
For the third consecutive year, Mintz has been recognized with a U.S. Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), a premier organization for women in law exclusively dedicated to women from the largest law firms and corporate law departments in the United States.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: CEO of the Year
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: FINALISTS
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Enterprise)
- Inclusion, Diversity & Equity: Perspectives from Thought Leaders
- 2021 Outstanding Social Responsibility Honoree: Kirkland & Ellis
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Team of the Year
- URW: Rethinking Corporate Citizenship by Reinventing “Being Together”
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Executive of the Year