Matthew Benedetto is a litigation partner in WilmerHale’s Los Angeles office with over ten years of experience representing clients in complex civil, criminal and regulatory matters, often involving crisis management and public policy responses. Benedetto has extensive experience representing pharmaceutical companies, healthcare companies and financial institutions in both federal and state False Claims Act (FCA) and whistleblower actions. In the healthcare space, he has unique experience litigating California’s Insurance Frauds Prevention Act, a qui tam statute in the Insurance Code, including arguing before the California Court of Appeal.
Benedetto is a national thought-leader on FCA issues, speaking and publishing widely on the topic, most recently on FCA risks posed by the federal government’s response to COVID-19 via the CARES Act. Benedetto also represents clients facing a range of challenges outside of whistleblower actions. Benedetto also serves on WilmerHale’s Pro Bono and Public Service Committee.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- MATTHEW E. SLOAN
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JAMES ZELENAY
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Matthew H. Marmolejo
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stacie Yee
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: PAUL S. CHAN
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Lorraine (Lori) Echavarria
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Samuel Park