Designed to work with both nonprofits and businesses, the company’s consultations are geared toward improving diversity, equity and inclusion strategies. The consultations also help organizations improve their relationships and investments in diverse communities.
In addition, Redmond operates a nonprofit that provides educational content centered on similar themes. The nonprofit also supports content creators who produce positive and educational information on issues in the Black community. It has hosted the Impact Media Summit, conducted 57 livestreams in 2020 and has partnered with other organizations to stage events about using media and entertainment for social change.
Redmond founded the two divisions in 2013 and last year, she consolidated them into Impact Enterprises Global Inc. Redmond said she was inspired to pursue this career path by her mentor, Rev. C.T. Vivian. Prior to launching Impact Enterprises, Redmond worked for Kraft Foods and Innovations Group Inc.
Quote: “When I moved to L.A., I moved here with the intention and purpose to really focus on what I believe I was created to do and, specifically, how we could use media and entertainment for social change.”
Tip for other entrepreneurs: Complete a StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment, an online test to identify personality strengths. Combine your strengths with purpose, passion and experiences, then find a way to monetize them.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Society Nineteen Group Brings Style to PR, Marketing
- Coaching Firm Noble Group Teaches Executives How to Lead
- Black Entrepreneurs Month 2021
- Gene Hale Guides His Company as Well as the Black Business Community
- Sknmuse Products Help Black Women ‘Glow’
- Superfood School Teaches Healthy Eating Habits
- BBA Advocates for Black-Owned Businesses
- Priceless Moments Plans Events Big and Small