PLAY EQUITY FUND
This innovative program brought together businesses, professional sports teams, multiple school districts, pro athletes and foundations to drive healthful activity and wellness for children across Los Angeles.
With schools and after school programs being closed due to COVID-19, the Play Equity Fund and LA84 Foundation collectively gave away 120,000 play equipment products to families and children at 60 sites across Los Angeles through the #StayActiveStayStrong program.
The goal of the program was to reach and support communities that lacked access to play equipment and organized activity – particularly during the isolation and economic hardships of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The play equipment (which included balls, racquet sets, jump ropes and other gear families and children could use to play at home) was purchased or donated through partnerships the Play Equity Fund and LA84 Foundation developed, including with Dick’s Sporting Goods, Jack Nadel International, Kole Imports, Nike, Score Sports and WSS. Also, the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Rams contributed to on-site play equipment distributions.
To distribute the equipment, the Play Equity Fund and LA84 Foundation forged partnerships with school districts feeding thousands of families in this time of need – including LAUSD, Compton, Pasadena and the schools of the L.A. Archdiocese – as well as community centers, family centers and recreation centers.
To inspire healthy activity, the Play Equity Fund produced a series of instructional videos by Olympians and sports figures. These videos are available on PlayEquityFund.org and were posted on social media. Children posted exercise videos responding to the athletes and were awarded prizes as the #PlayEquityMVP.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Community Champions: Play Equity Fund
- MBA & Master's Guide: California State University, Northridge - David Nazarian College of Business and Economics
- Strong IPO Market Still Requires Preparation and Proper Execution
- 2021 Outstanding Social Responsibility Honoree: Kirkland & Ellis
- MBA & Master's Guide: UCLA Anderson School of Management
- How to Plan for the First Days as a Public Company After a SPAC Merger
- The Private Company Guide to Effective Internal Controls