Particularly strong in professional development and inclusion, Ogletree Deakins supports each business resource group with resource allocation that includes mentoring, training, professional development, and business development opportunities. Additionally, the firm leverages the annual shareholder meeting and all attorney retreat to host events and retreats for these groups. Ogletree Deakin’s Biennial Retreat for Diverse Attorneys brings together all diverse attorneys (ODBAR, ODA3, ODAdelante, ODAlliance, Differently-Abled, and Veteran) together to network and learn from each other. The firm holds the David Jones Memorial Fitness Challenge annually to honor the firm’s first Black shareholder, which culminates with a 5K walk/run during the Attorney Retreat. This year’s challenge was held virtually and raised funds for the Equal Justice Initiative.
Ogletree Deakins Women’s Initiative constantly seeks new avenues to support its women attorneys’ business and leadership opportunities. This effort has led to Ogletree Deakins’ progressive movement towards assisting its women attorneys in attaining the highest leadership levels in the firm. Ogletree Deakins also has a very active LGBTQ+ business resource group, ODAlliance, with various annual Pride events. The firm’s Hispanic and Latinx attorney group, ODAdelante, created and implemented mentorship program for Hispanic attorneys. Diverse education/training is provided to all firm employees.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Who's Building L.A. (November 5): Skanska Women’s Network Helps to Develop Women in Construction
- Women's Leadership Series 2020: Investing in Women is Good Business
- Best Law Firms: MCGUIREWOODS LLP
- Austin Commercial Maintains Focus on 360 Degrees of Caring and Inclusion
- Who's Building L.A: Delivering a Culture of Diversity, Inclusion and Learning
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: FINALISTS
- Improve DE&I Without Sacrificing Success
- Women's Leadership Series 2020: Developing a Pipeline of Women Leaders