Born in Iran, Mitra Memari emigrated to the US when she was a teenager. Her experiences adapting as a minority female in a new country fostered a strong passion for diversity, inclusion, and equity – a passion woven into all aspects of her life, from her professional work at ZGF where she is a partner, to her substantial volunteer work.
Memari has more than 25 years of industry experience and approaches each of her projects with diversity, inclusion, and collaboration top of mind.
Her skills in guiding multidisciplinary teams and disparate client and user groups to consensus across complex, multi-year projects is not just relied upon but sought out by clients including USC, The University of Arizona, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, City of Hope, and University Health System (UHS). Memari is currently the project manager for a new women’s and children’s hospital tower for UHS in San Antonio, a $1 billion project.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: FINALISTS
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Finalists
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Dawn Brisco
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: PRISCILLA CHAVEZ
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Executive of the Year
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Panel Speaker: Teresa Maxwell
- Who's Building L.A. (November 5): Skanska Women’s Network Helps to Develop Women in Construction
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Shara Castillo