Smart Lab Director
In her current role as Smart Lab Director for Suffolk Construction in Los Angeles, Erin Khan serves the Southern California region by driving operational excellence through data analytics, process innovation and technology implementation. Since the Smart Lab’s opening in early 2019, Khan has spent the last year leading the industry by working to source, test and evaluate groundbreaking technology to improve overall operational excellence. A recent example of this is her efforts to experiment with startups that provide enhanced site communication through augmented and virtual reality application integrations. Furthermore, in Los Angeles she leads improvements on construction operations pain point resolution by pairing high-impact, on-site work sessions with field personnel alongside back-end data analytics to deliver the best solutions at the right time.
Khan continually improves the industry by inspiring the next generation of the workforce to choose a career in construction through exposure to technology.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TOM DONOHUE
- Mark DiNapoli
- Parsons Plans for Public Offering After HQ Move
- OUTSTANDING Women in Construction & DESIGN: Oracle Expands Innovation Lab to Advance Growth for Construction Industries
- 2018 CTO Awards: TED ROSS
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Michele Salas
- Women in Construction & Design: Will 2019 be the Year of Broad Digital Disruption in the Construction Industry?
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Dayna Nicholson