W.E. O’Neil Construction Co. of California
Chelsea Covate graduated from UCLA with a B.S. in Civil Engineering in 2011. During her time at UCLA, she interned with W.E. O’Neil, where she found her love for construction and decided to follow this path for her career. She started as a project engineer and worked on a wide range of projects, from a small addition at an LAUSD elementary school, to a large hotel/casino expansion at Harrah’s So Cal. Her drive and abilities shone through very quickly, which propelled her into an assistant project manager role,
and subsequently a project manager role just one assignment later.
After a number of successful projects, Covate’s current project is The Orchards Health Center, a Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living facility in San Juan Capistrano, which is the first ground-up OSHPD project that W.E. O’Neil will have completed in California. The Orchards Health Center is scheduled to complete in September 2020.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Katie Quinones
- Women in Construction & Design: Jessica Zeledon
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Kaylee Knudsen
- Marketing Exec Covered Lot of Ground at Various Jobs
- OUTSTANDING Women in Construction & DESIGN: EMILY KAY
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Jacqueline Gonzalez
- LA500 2020: Construction & Architecture
- Chinese Connection