2ND & PCH
Location: 6400 E. Pacific Coast Highway Long Beach
Developer: CenterCal Properties, LLC
Contractor: W.E. O’Neil Construction Co. of California
Set on 11 acres, 2nd & PCH is a 220,000 square foot of open-air retail and dining destination overlooking the Long Beach Marina. Previously, this development used to sit an aging SeaPort Marina Hotel. This new retail lifestyle center is now open and inviting. It is decorated with curated art by Jasper Wong of Pow! Wow! The resort-like seating areas make for a relaxing experience. The center is anchored by 45,000 square-foot Whole Foods. Other tenants include Shake Shack, The Bungalow, Sephora, Free People, The Shade Store and Barry’s Bootcamp. There are two levels of shops and plenty of parking. Some energy efficiency components include:
• Energy-efficient windows, storefront glazing, featuring dual-paned low-e glass;
• Energy-efficient instantaneous water heaters. No water heater storage tanks on the project;
• Large photovoltaic panels that provided alternative energy sources as well as shaded parking on the rooftop of our parking structure;
• High energy efficient rated exterior facade that included thermal isolation break on the perimeter of the building; and
• 100% LED lighting and compact fluorescent lighting.
HOUSE OF BIJAN
Location: 443 N Rodeo Dr, Beverly Hills
Contractor: Shawmut Design and Construction
Architect: Pizzulli Associates, Inc.
House of Bijan — one of the oldest and most iconic luxury boutiques on Rodeo Drive — relocated just north of its original home, first opened in 1976. The new location — with more space to house the luxury brand’s products along with its headquarters — honors the longstanding Bijan vision and tradition while creating an updated and more contemporary space. Both the facade and interior walls boast House of Bijan’s trademark yellow, and iconic heritage elements from the original store — the entry door, grand chandelier, and antique armoires — were incorporated into the new location.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Long-Awaited Long Beach Mall Names Tenants
- Rodeo Drive Boasts Second-Priciest Retail Rents in Nation
- Record Sale Could Cost House of Bijan Home
- CRE Awards 2020: CenterCal Properties Brings New Retail, Dining, Wellness, and Services to Premier Long Beach Destination
- Bijan’s Rodeo Drive Store Fetches $122 Million
- Lawsuit Flares Up Over $122 Million Sale of Bijan Store
- Duo Fashions Lawsuit out of Rodeo Drive Deal
- Who's Building L.A. (June 17): The Works - El Segundo