Paul S. Chan
Bird, Marella, Boxer, Wolpert, Nessim, Drooks, Lincenberg & Rhow, P.C.
Managing principal Paul Chan has focused on the trial of complex litigation matters for the past 25 years, specializing in cases involving civil RICO, unfair competition, and theft of trade secrets. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, major financial institutions, and emerging technology companies.
Chan has particular expertise in matters involving the False Claims Act (FCA) having published a number of articles on the subject, in addition to speaking at conferences and presenting webinars. His notable successes involving FCA matters include the successful defense of JM Eagle, the world’s largest plastic pipe company, in a damages trial of a 13-year FCA lawsuit brought by over 40 intervening agencies seeking nine-figure damages; the resolution of all claims against a risk assessment provider in an FCA action against the provider and numerous national health plans; and the successful defense of a health services provider in a high-profile FCA anti-kickback case.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: PAUL CHAN
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Paul S. Chan
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- MATTHEW E. SLOAN
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- JAMES I. MONTGOMERY JR.
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honorees: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BYRON J. MCLAIN