Partner and Office Managing Director
Michael Brophy is a partner in the trust and estate litigation team at Withers and is managing director of the firm’s Los Angeles Office. He has extensive experience representing high net worth individuals and families, charities, corporate trustees, private professional fiduciaries and creditors in litigation involving complex trusts and estates. Brophy’s diverse practice includes will and trust contests, accounting disputes, breach of duty actions, elder abuse and conservatorship disputes, document interpretation matters, and other contested probate and fiduciary-related matters.
Brophy’s experience also includes business and commercial litigation, including contract, real estate, copyright, Lanham Act, trade secret, and unfair competition matters. In addition to litigation and trial work, his practice includes risk assessment and counseling, alternative dispute resolution, and administrative proceedings. His recent litigation wins include a trial victory on behalf of a dynasty trust in Los Angeles superior Court.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Michael Brophy
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Vivian Lee Thoreen
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- SCOTT E. RAHN
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MICHAEL MURPHY
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Rodney Lee
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Mary Haas
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: TERRENCE M. FRANKLIN
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: SCOTT RAHN