Culver City-based mobile game developer and publisher Scopely Inc. on Oct. 29 raised a $200 million Series D round led by NewView Capital.
The company will use the funding to continue acquiring other mobile developers and fuel its international expansion.
"With our business continuing to scale and the durability of our flagship properties, we are more bullish than ever on further expanding our portfolio through M&A." Scopely Chief Executive Walter Driver said in a statement. "This funding round adds the financial support to pursue large-scale acquisition opportunities."
Scopely has raised roughly $460 million since its 2011 launch, according to industry tracker Pitchbook Data Inc.
The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board joined the round as a new investor. Existing investors Revolution Growth, Sands Capital Ventures and Santa Monica-based Greycroft also participated.
The company in August expanded its international footprint, more than tripling its office space in Spain and upgrading an existing facility in Dublin. Scopely has also said it plans to double the size of its Los Angeles office space by late 2020.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Scopely Acquires FoxNext Games
- Mobile Game Developer Scopely Expands Internationally
- Scopely Acquires Collaborator Digit Studios
- March Capital Leads $4 Million Fundraise for Mobile Game Developer Knock Knock
- Silicon Beach Report July 1: MeWe raises $4.5 million
- Silicon Beach Report March 13: Musk's Vegas People Mover Project Approved
- Tala Raises $110 Million Series D
- TikTok Opens Culver City Office