Mosaic Real Estate Investors
Managing Partner, CIO
Area of Expertise: Commercial Real Estate Lending
Ethan Penner is the Founder and Managing Partner of MREC Management, LLC. He is a recognized pioneer in the field of real estate finance with a 35-year career marked by filling voids and responding to unseen or poorly understood opportunities. Over his career he has been involved in more than $30 billion of mortgage originations. Most notably, he is credited with being the primary driver in the creation of the Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities market while at Nomura Securities, for which he received broad recognition including being named one of the U.S. Real Estate Industry’s 100 icons of the 20th century. A recent highlight deal that display’s Penner’s creativity and deep knowledge within the field would be SilverRock La Quinta, a $212.5 million senior construction loan.
Previously, in 2008, Penner founded CBRE Capital Partners, a real estate debt investment platform that successfully raised and managed over $600 million from institutional and high net worth investors.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Downturn Brings '90s Flashback to Lending Pioneer
- Most Influential Lenders: Vicky Schiff
- L.A. Firm Hopes to Form Bonds With Clients
- Realty Mogul Beefs Up Executive Ranks
- Who's Brokering Los Angeles (June 24): Barbara Armendariz - SharpLine Commercial Partners
- Top Lenders in Los Angeles: NICK ESKANDARI
- Profile: Mark Zytko - Finance
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Real Estate Attorney of the Year