USC’s Master of Studies in Law Helps Students Redefine Business
In today’s workplace, legal knowledge isn’t just for lawyers.
Business professionals across industries and sectors regularly intersect with legal matters in various ways — from contracts and compliance, to strategy and negotiation. With a Master of Studies in Law from the USC Gould School of Law, forward-thinking practitioners and leaders are enhancing their business expertise with legal education.
“Our MSL degree offers experienced professionals an unparalleled education to better understand fundamental and complex legal concepts,” said Deborah Call, associate dean and chief programs officer at the USC Gould School of Law.
“Given the pervasiveness of law in many business dealings and operations, the MSL degree provides graduates with a foundation in law and understanding of the legal and regulatory framework to meet compliance requirements for their organizations,” Call added.
WHAT SETS THE MSL APART?
Offered through USC’s Gould School of Law, ranked among the top 20 law schools nationwide, the MSL degree is specially designed for non-lawyer professionals interested in understanding legal issues related to their fields.
Students have the convenience of completing the degree 100% online, and the flexibility to study part-time — making the MSL an ideal format to balance the demands of work schedules. No LSAT or GRE test is required; no prior law degree is required either. In addition, generous scholarships are available and considered for all applicants.
The benefits don’t end inside the classroom. Graduates of the MSL program gain access to the global Trojan Family network, which includes connections to more than 11,000 USC Gould alumni.
COURSES THAT MEET YOUR COMPANY’S NEEDS
How can the MSL program broaden your scope of expertise?
Students select from a range of courses that best fit their business-focused interests, including Business Organizations, Contract Drafting and Strategy, Corporate Governance, Dealmaking, Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law, Health Care Compliance, Human Resources Compliance, Introduction to Litigation in U.S. Courts, Negotiation Skills, Regulatory Compliance, and Topics in American Law.
CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR INDUSTRY
Are you interested in deepening your personal or company-wide understanding of a specific legal area?
MSL students can tailor their educational experience by pursuing a certificate aligned with their field. These certificate programs – which may be completed in as few as two part-time, online semesters – help students maximize their impact within their organizations and ultimately improve employee and leadership productivity as well as bottom-line contributions.
Certificate programs include:
• Business Law
• Entertainment Law and Industry
• Financial Compliance
• Health Care Compliance
• Human Resources Law and Compliance
For more information about the MSL degree, including corporate and custom education partnerships, visit bit.ly/LABJ2019 or email email@example.com.
CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
How can a partnership help both careers and companies?
Recent research has shown that an overwhelming majority of employees would stay at their companies longer if their employers invested in their professional growth and development— providing the opportunity to learn essential new skills.
Organizations can capitalize on their homegrown talent and increase employee retention through custom partnerships with the USC Gould School of Law. Given the opportunity to enhance their skills through further education, employees experience greater job satisfaction and receive the preparation to advance within their organizations.
Benefits for corporate partners and their employees include:
• Generous partner scholarships
• Individual academic advising
• Personalized application support
• Interactive, convenient and flexible online experience
• Individual academic advising
• And many more
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Executive Education: Master of Studies in Law: Legal Skills and Knowledge for Business Professionals
- Spotlight on Executive Education: USC’s Master of Studies in Law: Legal Skills and Knowledge for Business Professionals
- Spotlight on Education: USC’s Master of Studies in Law: Legal Knowledge to Inform Business Professionals, Improve Practice
- Higher Education - Training and Online Learning: At the Forefront of Higher Education: USC’s Master of Studies in Law Brings Legal Insight to Business Practice
- MBA Guide: USC Gould School of Law - MSL
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: Los Angeles County Bar Association Offers 40-Hour Mediation Training Program
- Adding Law to Their Repertoire
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Los Angeles County Bar Association Introduces a New 40-Hour Mediation Training Program