PASADENA CONVENTION CENTER HIGHLIGHTS
• FEATURES 130,000 SQUARE FEET OF SPACE FOR MEETINGS AND EVENTS
• 55,000 SQUARE FOOT EXHIBITION HALL
• 25,000 SQUARE FOOT BALLROOM
• CONFERENCE BUILDING WITH 25 MEETING ROOMS
• A VISITORS CENTER LOCATED IN THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES IN THE CONFERENCE BUILDING
• THE PASADENA ICE SKATING CENTER IS ADJACENT TO THE CONFERENCE BUILDING
• LEED (LEADERSHIP IN ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN) GOLD CERTIFICATION
Nestled ten miles from downtown Los Angles, the Pasadena Convention Center is a premier Southern California meeting and events venue in the heart of Pasadena. Built in 1973, the convention center has played an integral role in welcoming domestic and international meeting and event planners to Pasadena. To effectively accommodate the growing demands of high-level events, in 2009, the convention center underwent a multi-million expansion by adding a 55,000 square foot Exhibition Hall and 25,000 square foot Ballroom adjacent to the historic Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
Over the past ten years, the state-of-the-art facility has impressively hosted 4,700 events and 3.7 million attendees across a variety of meeting and events ranging from entertainment, consumer, medical, space exploration and international conferences.
Conveniently located within walking distance to Old Pasadena, 22-blocks of shopping, restaurants and entertainment; The Paseo, an outdoor mall; and several recently renovated hotels such as the Sheraton, Hilton, Westin, Hotel Constance and the all-new Hyatt Place Pasadena, the convention center offers attendees the ease and comfortability to work during the day and play at night.
Last year, scientists from around the globe gathered at the convention center for COSPAR, an international cooperation in the pursuit of scientific research in space. Other events included Great Minds in STEM, Alien Con, Monsterpalooza, Mary Kay and Alta Med Health Services Corporation amongst others. By the end of 2018, the Pasadena Convention Center successfully hosted 322 events and more than 420,000 attendees. In the coming months, the following meetings and events will take place including but not limited to Space Tech, May 2019; LightBox Expo, September 2019; and the CA Library Association, October 2019.
Pasadena offers an enticing combination of modern sophistication and charm. Known for its historical landmarks, famous Rose Parade and 22 blocks of shopping and entertainment in Old Pasadena, the pedestrian-friendly city has nearly 650 restaurants per capita than New York and is the birthplace of space exploration and award-winning scientists, including key institutions Caltech, NASA/JPL, The Planetary Society, Innovate Pasadena, and more. As an international melting pot of art and culture, Pasadena offers something for everyone to experience.
Learn more at pasadenacenter.visitpasadena.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Holiday Planning Guide 2018: CAESARS FORUM is Set to Establish a New Standard for Special Events
- Center Of Focus
- Events & Destinations Guide: The Broadmoor: An Ideal Place to Get Things Done
- Pasadena Regional Report: Pasadena Hotels Offer More Guest Rooms, Larger Meeting Spaces and Amenities
- Small Business Meeting Venue: The Broadmoor: An Ideal Place to Get Things Done
- Small Business Meeting Venue - The Broadmoor: An Ideal Place to Get Things Done
- CONVENTIONS---Hotels Scrambling To Recoup Missed Trade Conventions
- LAX Hotels Aim To Land Events