An L.A.-based company was included on a list of 50 fastest-growing, women-owned business, as ranked by the nonprofit Women Presidents’ Organization.
The 50 companies on the list recorded aggregate revenues of $8.3 billion, up 14 percent compared to the list from last year.
Torrance-based Act 1 Group Inc. a staffing agency led by Chief Executive Janice Bryant Howroyd, ranked No. 33 on the list. Act 1 was founded by Howroyd in 1978 and counts of 2,600 employees worldwide, according to its website
Ranking qualifications include being privately held, woman-owned and annual revenues of at least $500,000 since January 1, 2013.
Manufacturing and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- $18.7B for Top Minority Firms
- Executive Summary / The Pacesetter
- Business Women Continue Gains
- UCLA, Miller Children’s Hospitals Partner to Expand Child Health Services
- Redondo Beach Vaporizer Distributor Sold to Cannabis Supply Company
- Women's Leadership Series 2020: Guidewire Announces Girls in Tech Collaboration to Empower Women in Technology
- Digital Hot, Ice Cream Cool