Office Managing Partner, California Market
Kullen Birkeland is office managing partner for Grant Thornton’s California market territory, which includes the company’s Los Angeles, Irvine and San Diego offices. Birkeland has more than 25 years of public accounting experience at Grant Thornton. His prior positions include serving as west region tax services practice leader, tax services practice leader (in Southern California and Minneapolis), and national manufacturing tax practice leader. He specializes in tax compliance and consulting, state tax and foreign tax planning, and optimizing structures for mergers and acquisitions. He has worked with a wide range of public and private companies in industries such as retail, manufacturing, distribution and technology. He is a frequent speaker on manufacturing and tax inventory and has represented manufacturers on Capitol Hill with the National Association of Manufacturers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank Company’s Stock Goes on Rise With Analysts
- CFO Awards 2017 Nominees: Compensation Steady for Senior Financial Executives
- CFO Awards 2017: Today’s CFOs Focus More on Strategy
- Today’s CFOs Focus More on Strategy
- 40 In Their 40's: Suzie Doran
- LA500 2020: Professional Services