Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Years Practicing: 11
Years with Current Firm: 7
Representing clients in high-stakes class actions, Morgan Lewis partner Esther Ro is rapidly building a reputation as one of LA’s top litigators. In the last calendar year, she helped lead Morgan Lewis teams to victory in a precedent-setting case closely followed in the legal community. Many major retailers across the country are facing litigation regarding the quality of merchandise sold at their outlet stores.
In Rubenstein v. Gap, plaintiff Linda Rubenstein alleged that Gap misled consumers by not informing them that items sold in Gap and Banana Republic factory stores were of lesser quality and not originally sold in traditional, non-outlet stores owned and operated by Gap. The trial court found that the plaintiff could not state claims under California’s consumer protection laws because she failed to allege a misrepresentation or an actionable omission on the part of Gap. The Rubenstein decision essentially helps put limits on what retailers need to affirmatively disclose to consumers about the provenance and quality of items sold at outlet stores.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers - ARJUN RAO
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Arjun Rao
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: ARJUN RAO
- Top Minority Attorney's in Los Angeles: ARJUN RAO
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honorees: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Latham Takes On Indicted Rival Milberg in Antitrust Case
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Arwen Johnson
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- NEAL MARDER