Fred Segal is an iconic L.A. brand known globally for its authentic southern California laid back luxury. Over the past five decades the brand has evolved to be more than just a retailer, it is a cultural staple embodying the unique style of Los Angeles. Fred Segal opened its eponymous doors in 1961, debuting designer denim as a lifestyle concept that instantly secured the brand as an integral part of the Los Angeles scene and celebrity culture. A unique retailer that specializes in the free-spirited mixology of Southern California laid-back luxe, Fred Segal has discovered and launched some of the most beloved fashion and lifestyle brands throughout the decades. Today, Fred Segal, which is owned by Evolution Media Capital, offers a curated and refreshing selection of new brands together with food and pop culture experiences. In addition to its flagship location in West Hollywood, the brand has expanded to LAX’s International Terminal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Global Icons Takes Majority Stake in Fred Segal
- Ron Robinson Closing Brick-and-Mortar Stores
- Retail Property Racks Up First Sale in 40 Years
- Fred Segal Inks Lease for Sunset Strip
- Fashion Retailer Sees Japanese Shops as Good Fit
- Shops Still Game to Trade on Departed Brand Name
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty Awards: Fashion Trendsetter of the Year Finalists
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty: Trend-Setting Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle Brands Attract Capital and Fuel M&A Activity in SoCal