SITA Couture is one of the hottest up and coming direct to consumer apparel companies in Los Angeles. The company was founded February 2012 by former dancer and model, Sita Thompson. The line is inspired by Thompson’s unique life experience. She was raised on an organic farm with both Mexican and Native heritage. She learned to sew as a young girl, and at eleven years old started making her own patterns. At the age of seventeen, she moved to Paris to begin a career in fashion. She traveled around the world, spent seven years living in India, immersed herself within various cultures, became fluent in several languages, and learned all about fabrics, design and beauty. Her unique life experience is infused into each style of the brand. Today, the line focuses on three aspects for the modern woman: comfort, versatility, and sensuality. Clients include women from all walks of life who want to feel as good as they look.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty Awards: Fashion Rising Brand Winner
- LABJ Insider
- Fashion & Beauty Awards: Service Provider of the Year Finalist
- FASHION AWARDS: SUPPLIER/VENDOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty Awards: Fashion Direct to Consumer Finalists
- 2019 Fashion & Beauty: Trend-Setting Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle Brands Attract Capital and Fuel M&A Activity in SoCal
- Top Women in Banking: Janki Lalani Gandhi
- 20 in their 20s: Christina Scarbo