Years in Practice: 30
Years with Current Firm: 6
Assets Under Management in 2017: $115 million
After 25 years as a financial advisor with large NYSE brokerage firms, Rene Nourse, CFP, left Morgan Stanley in June of 2012 to launch Urban Wealth Management Group. Sensing that a shift was taking place in the financial services industry, where individuals had a greater interest in financial planning and advice vs. investment management services alone, she wanted to create a firm that focused on both. The primary focus and theme is to help individuals “Get Their Financial Life in Gear.”
Also, recognizing that women face unique and complex financial challenges, she formed the Smart Women ~ Savvy Money Club to provide a supportive, secure environment where members are encouraged to explore ways to get savvier with their money. The mission of the Smart Women’s club is to ensure that every woman make better financial decisions, so they can create the lifestyle they desire and deserve. With an all - women team in place, her firm has been successful in creating that environment and delivering on that mission..
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: DARYA ALLEN-ATTAR
- Leaders of Influence - Wealth Managers: DARYA ALLEN-ATTAR
- Janus Money Came From Brokerage Tied to ‘Bond King’
- Leaders of Influence - Wealth Managers: ALYSSA WEINBERGER
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: BROCK MOSELEY
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: DEREK HOLMAN, CFP, AIF
- Leaders of Influence- Wealth Managers: Joe Alexopoulos
- The Money Book: Rebecca S. Rothstein