Erica Van Loon is partner and head of Glaser Weil’s Trademark, Copyright and Media Practice. She has been instrumental in building the firm’s national practice in trademark, copyright and trade secrets by achieving significant wins for high profile clients, such as the British Broadcasting Company, Bally Gaming, VIZIO, Conan O’Brien, Target Corporation, Walmart and others. She also manages the firm’s soft IP practice, which includes overseeing the bustling litigation docket, as well as managing the firm’s significant trademark prosecution practice.
As one example of her recent work, Van Loon was lead counsel for the BBC in two lawsuits involving trademark infringement and dilution of the famous Dancing With The Stars wordmark and logo and breach of and interference with BBC’s contracts with its professional dancers. Van Loon won partial summary judgment for BBC, including a complete dismissal of Defendants’ contract interference and trademark cancellation counterclaims, which led to the matter being resolved with a Consent Judgment and Permanent Injunction against Defendants.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honoree: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- Dov Charney Takes on Former Counsel in New Litigation
- LABJ INsider
- Ousted Fashion CEO Tries on Another Lawsuit
- Zealous Advocate All Around: Glaser Built Firm’s Lineup of Lawyers Into an 'Embarrassment of Riches'
- Zealous Advocate All Around
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: RHONDA TROTTER
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Patricia Glaser