As managing partner of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP’s Los Angeles office, Barbara Fitzgerald is often sought out by major companies in the entertainment, health services, financial services, manufacturing, retail, hospitality,and transportation industries for her counsel in employment law.
Companies seek out Fitzgerald, both for her experience in winning high-profile employment litigation and for her no-ego, “I’m here to help” attitude. She also considers it a great responsibility as office managing partner to make sure that Morgan Lewis is actively making a positive difference in the Los Angeles community and beyond. Under her leadership, every lawyer in the firm’s LA office rose to the firm’s pro bono challenge, donating a minimum of 20 hours of pro bono work in a 12-month period. She helped support the Heart of Los Angeles, which provides underserved youth with exceptional programs in academics, arts, and athletics, and helped secure a favorable settlement on behalf of 12 elderly Holocaust survivors who were facing imminent eviction from their Los Angeles-area housing and potential homelessness.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: DEBRA FISCHER
- Partner Shuffle Leaves New Look at Morgan Lewis
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Harry I. Johnson, III
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENVIRONMENTAL ATTORNEYS
- Vet Attorney Draws Double Management Duty
- My Favorite Sites
- Pro Bono Lawyers Do Well by Doing Good