Years with firm: 15
Assets under management: $100 million
Rick Smith said he is lucky to have co-founded and work with the firm, stating, “This is what I would do if I had nothing else to do.” An investor since 1997, He previously worked at Palomar Ventures, SunAmerica, and Milbank Tweed. He earned his BS in finance from the University of Illinois-Champaign and his JD from Harvard Law School.
Industry specialization: Consumer internet, enterprise software, and gaming. Portfolio companies include JustFab, Shift, Docstoc (sold to Intuit), and GumGum, among others.
Deal range: $500,000 to $1.5 million in early stage companies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Home Field
- The Money Book: Troy Carter
- The Money Book: William Hanna
- 20 in their 20s - Nick Jacobs and J Wolf
- Courtly Manner
- The Money Book: Buck Jordan
- Women's Summit 2017 Nominees: All CEOs Are Driven – The Good Ones Know Where They’re Going
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: All CEOs Are Driven – The Good Ones Know Where They’re Going