Chief Investment Officer
Years with firm: 15
Assets under management: $12 billion
Richard Barnett has been the chief investment officer of Northern Trust’s Personal Financial Services - Western Region division since 2009. He was a senior portfolio manager and senior investment officer with the company for seven years prior to his current position. Prior to joining Northern Trust, Barnett served as vice president and director of equities at City National Investment Advisors, and before that held senior positions with SSI Investment Management and Leland O’Brien Rubinstein Associates. He served as president of the CFA Society of Los Angeles, and served as chair of the technology advisory committee of the Chartered Financial Analysts Institute. Barnett has an MBA in finance from the University of California and a bachelor’s degree in economics and psychology from Claremont McKenna College.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women in Banking: Michele Havens
- ‘Judgment’ Call Goes Credit Union Execs’ Way
- Firm Reorganizes, Names Chief Financial Officer
- The Money Book: Peter Adamson
- The Money Book: Matthew P. Wagner
- Women Of Influence, Banking: Michele Havens
- Financial Veteran Plans for Future of Covington Capital