Years with firm: 17
Assets under management: $16 billion
Richard Jones focuses on asset allocation, trust services, and credit products, having worked in those areas since 1980. He worked at J.P. Morgan and Bank of America before joining Merrill Lynch in 1999. He has spent his entire career working with high-net-worth individuals, foundations and endowments. He received his undergraduate degree from Boston University, where he graduated magna cum laude, and his master’s degree in international finance from Columbia University. Jones is a board member of Los Angeles Opera, Bet Tzedek Legal Services, St. Barnabas Senior Services, and LA Opera Council, and is chairman of the L.A. Music Center Leadership Council.
Industry specialization: Ultrahigh-net-worth individuals, families, foundations, and endowments.
Deal value range: Minimum account size of $10 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Richard B. Jones
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: RICHARD B. JONES
- The Money Book: Eric Gray
- Leaders of Influence - Wealth Managers: MICHELLE NGUYEN
- The Money Book: Rebecca S. Rothstein
- Profiles: Richard Jones, Reza Zafari
- Stages of Opera Passion
- Leaders of Influence - Wealth Managers: DAVID SOLOWAY