Years with firm: 12
Assets under management: $289 million
Nikou is responsible for deal origination, M&A, operations, and for the overall management and strategy of OpenGate globally. Prior to founding OpenGate in 2005, Nikou worked for Platinum Equity in the firm’s Paris office and was responsible for building a regional presence through business development and M&A efforts. Nikou earned a BS from USC’s Marshall School of Business.
Industry specialization: OpenGate is active in the lower middle market and focuses on acquiring corporate carve-outs, divestitures, and special situations.
Recent transactions: Completed sale of Getronics Latam to Southern Cross Group. Acquired EverZinc, the zinc products wing of Belgian materials technology company Umicore, in a $150 million deal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Andrew Nikou
- L.A.’s OpenGate Capital to Acquire Jøtul Group
- OpenGate Capital Acquires Belgian Zinc Supplier Umicore
- OpenGate Sells French Skylights Division
- Investment firm looks to prove metal with $150 million zinc deal
- OpenGate Capital Acquires Italian Plastic Maker Alfatherm
- OpenGate Capital Sells Canadian Tech Company
- OpenGate to Acquire Belgian Chemicals Company