Managing Partner, Los Angeles Office, Knobbe Martens LLP
David N. Weiss is the managing partner of Knobbe Martens’ Los Angeles office. Weiss joined the firm in 1995 and became a partner in 2000. He focuses on domestic and international patent protection, copyright protection, trade secret protection, and other forms of intellectual property protection. His technical experience includes electronic, software, and computer-related technologies, as well as communication technologies, mechanical devices, and e-commerce.
In addition, Weiss’ practice includes general counseling on licensing and infringement issues, drafting license and confidentiality agreements, as well as intellectual property due diligence studies and related negotiations for mergers and acquisitions. He currently represents clients in a wide range of technologies, including wireless and VoIP communications, media distribution, video encoding and decoding, computer security, semiconductor devices, solar power, mass storage systems, healthcare information technology, optical network architectures, instrumentation, and automated processing systems. He also represents software clients in matters involving e-commerce, electronic watermarking, restaurant management, phone applications, gaming, and electronic business methods.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEYS
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: IRENE Y. LEE
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: IRENE Y. LEE
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Gina Bibby
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: ANDREI IANCU