Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
With her special expertise in the area of trade secrets and employee mobility, Munger, Tolles & Olson’s Laura D. Smolowe is frequently tapped by clients seeking an experienced complex commercial litigator and trial lawyer, particularly on issues regarding their sensitive intellectual property. In the past 18 months, Smolowe and her team obtained -- on the eve of trial -- a preliminary injunction, cash payment and public apology in settling a trade secret dispute involving a leading online real estate company. She also achieved a significant trial victory against another leading trial lawyer in a case that was recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top 10 defense trial victories of 2016.
The importance and relevance of trade secrets litigation has been increasing rapidly given the ease with which information is now transferred and the frequency with which employees change jobs and move between competitors. Companies increasingly turn to trade secrets law -- and to Smolowe -- to address issues involving intellectual property or proprietary information that may not fit the traditional copyright, patent or trademark mold.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Tamerlin J. Godley
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: HAILYN J. CHEN
- LA 500: Brad D. Brian
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Hailyn J. Chen
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KELLY M. KLAUS
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: ADAM STREISAND